Self defence is essential for both men and women. There are actually a lot of ways to defend yourself from attackers and one of which is by using self defence products. There are a wide variety of products to choose from when it comes to self defence. Some of which include stun guns, pepper sprays, tasers, knives and alarms. Self defence weapons come in many forms, in fact, just about anything you can use to defend yourself can be considered as a self defence weapon. But here?s the thing, self defence weapons doesn?t think for itself. It is just a tool, and as a tool, what it is capable of doing fully depends on what you do with it. Self defence weapons are no doubt very useful, however, there are things that you have to remember when using them.
1. It doesn?t automatically mean that once you have a self defence weapon with you, you are already safe. Never underestimate the capability of crooks just because you have a pepper spray in your pocket.
2. It doesn?t automatically mean that if you have a weapon, it will be any help for you at all. What?s the point of having a weapon if you don?t have the confidence to use it? You have to be confident in using it or else it will not be of any help for you.
3. You need to know how to use your weapon. If you are thinking of carrying a defence weapon with you, make sure that you know how it use it. You don?t use your weapon to threaten of bluff your attacker, you will just put yourself in a much dangerous situation that way. In other words, don?t carry a weapon if you don?t know how to use it.
4. Self defence products don?t work if it is not on your hands. A pepper spray or a stun gun won?t work if it?s just sitting on the bottom of your purse. Also, don?t buy loads of self defence products that you don?t intend to carry with you all the time. It?s simply not practical and it?s just a waste of money. The bottomline is, when you carry a weapon, you have to make sure that you can get it quickly when the situation calls for it.
5. Of course, salespeople would exaggerate the capabilities of their self defence products to lure you into buying them, but always remember that nothing works 100% of the time. Always have your self defence moves ready and don?t completely rely on these weapons.
Don?t rely completely on self defence weapons for your safety. Heart Start Fitness offers personal Muay Thai training and basic womens self defence for all ages.